In no particular order…
1) WHAT CANNOT BE DONE AT FIRST, CAN BE DONE THROUGH PRAYER
– I have seen so many specific, undeniable answers to prayer, that it’s literally impossible to write them off as coincidence.
– I used to believe in the supernatural because of the Bible, but more & more I find myself believing the Bible because I’ve experienced the supernatural.
– When something seems impossible, but you are sure it’s the right thing to pray for, then pray, fast, ask, seek, knock, don’t take no for an answer, annoy God till He eventually gives in.
2) THE KEY TO REACHING GOALS IS TO CREATE HABITS
– Most goals are not reached because they require us to do what is unnatural
– But if we focus more on building habits than achieving our goal, we are much more likely to reach our goal & sustain our goal.
– Read ‘The Power of Habit‘. Then read it again. It is awesome!!!
3) BEING FIT & HEALTHY IS THE BEST WAY TO LIVE
– This year I set out to get fitter, stronger and healthier than I’ve ever been in my life. It is seriously the best way to live. I have more energy. I am totally off sugar and barely even crave it. I can sprint faster, lift more, and run further than ever before. It is not even a chore to live like this. Life is just better now!!!
4) ABIDE IN JESUS, & HE WILL PRODUCE MUCH FRUIT
– As much as hard work, strategy & opportunities are important, the key to producing much fruit is to abide in Jesus.
– This year I’ve prayed desperately to be used by God. Because of His kindness (never because of our faithfulness), He has flung the doors wide open for me to speak to more people than ever before, see 189 people respond to the gospel, and be given more opportunity for influence than I’ve ever had in my life.
5) GOD WILL STRIP US OF ANYTHING THAT GIVES US IDENTITY & SECURITY OUTSIDE OF HIM.
– This quote from A.W. Tozer is so helpful… “Abraham was old when Isaac was born, old enough indeed to have been his grandfather, and the child became at once the delight and idol of his heart. From that moment when he first stooped to take the tiny form awkwardly in his arms he was an eager love slave of his son. God went out of His way to comment on the strength of this affection. And it is not hard to understand. The baby represented everything sacred to his father’s heart: the promises of God, the covenants, the hopes of the years and the long messianic dream. As he watched him grow from babyhood to young manhood the heart of the old man was knit closer and closer with the life of his son, till at last the relationship bordered upon the perilous. It was then that God stepped in to save both father and son from the consequences of an uncleansed love”.
6) GOD WANTS TO SPEAK TODAY
– I used to think that all we needed was the Bible. But then I realized that the Bible will say nothing specific about Mark Broadbent in 2013. So I became open to the idea that God might want to speak today.
– In the last 18 months I’ve prayed and fasted for God to speak. I’ve often told God that I am open to Him speaking through prophetic words from others, but because of my skepticism, I want Him to speak through people who know nothing about my life. As a result, almost once a month for 18 months someone random would contact me with a prophetic word. This alone has been crazy!
7) DON’T FIGHT BACK
– If people attack us, hurt us, slander us, or simply just continue to find ways to cause trouble on our Facebook wall, there is very little we can do. God is more than able to defend us.
– Rick Warren says to “Out-Love” them, “Out-Last” them, & “Out-Fruit” them. Best advice ever!
8) GOD DOESN’T STOP SATAN ATTACKING, BUT HE CAN DEFEND US AGAINST THE ATTACK
– I used to think that Satan couldn’t hurt us, then I watched in confusion as Satan took out many Christians & made them ineffective
– Then I started thinking that God would stop Satan attacking. And I prayed and prayed for Satan to stop attacking, but He never did.
– Then I realized that the Bible teaches that God often allows Satan to attack (He even led Jesus into the desert to be attacked by Satan). God never promises that Satan won’t attack. Rather He promises to come to our aid if we are cry out to Him during the attack. God will defend us.
9) HAVING AN AMAZING FAMILY, FRIENDS & MENTORS TRUMPS JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING
– Having people who love you no matter what, believe in you, encourage you, and stick by you is the best thing ever!!! Could not be more grateful for the amazing people that God has placed in my life.
10) ONE OF THE KEYS TO HAPPINESS IS TO ALWAYS SEEK TO BE BOTH “HAPPY NOW” & “HAPPY LATER”
– Some people do hard things now in the hope that they will experience happiness later. Others pursue happiness now, knowing that they will pay for it later. But from everything I’ve read on happiness, the happiest people pursue things, people, opportunities and environments that will make them both ‘Happy Now’ and ‘Happy Later’.
You must be logged in to post a comment.